Friday, February 13, 2009

The One at Mt. Rushmore


I had always wanted to see Mount Rushmore. And when our parents told us we'd be able to go, we were pretty excited. But Shaina and I had NO idea how much we'd love it.

I remember driving through the black hills... up to the mountain. (Well, *I* wasn't driving, my parents were, but still... I was looking out the window.) And Shaina and I were beside ourselves... each twist and turn we took up the mountain, gave us a just a peek of the four faces. And it was like Christmas morning.

We finally arrived, and it was the most breathtaking sight we had ever seen. 

Every time I look at this photo, I remember what a wondrous and beautiful site it is. It really is one of the most amazing things on this earth. And it makes it even more special (at least, in my eyes) that it was created by men. :) 

To this day, I love this photo, and it's still one of my favorite handstand photos to date.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Well, I have been to Mount Rushmore. Thinking back to that say I now wish I did a hand stand. Not that I could ever do hand stands. it just seems that it would be the perfect moment to do one. :o)

artful_yogi said...

Do you do yoga? I do handstands and all kinds of yoga poses everywhere I travel. Full bridge, or wheel, pose is my favorite pose to do all over the place.
Have fun & keep up the good work!
See my crazy poses here:
www.LorettaYoga.com

Bashful said...

Another awesome photo! Mt. Rushmore is on my list of "places I'd really like to see someday". When I finally get there, I bet I'll be thinking of your handstand, LOL.

Jill said...

How is this the first I'm seeing of this blog? The handstand pics? Brilliant!

Antonia said...

This blog is so cool.