Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The One with the Jets















I'm pretty sure this was an impromptu trip to the Air Show in Durango, Colorado in September 1998. This boy I liked... his dad invited my dad and I to join them. Planes and a cute boy? Umm... yes, please!

I've always LOVED the air show. We were in route to my first one in November 1986 (in California) when we were in a bad car accident. I broke both my legs, and obviously... wasn't able to make it there that year. The *following* year, however, my dad took us for the first time, and I remember it being amazing!

I saw the Blue Angels. My sister and I brought our Radio Flyer red wagon. We took lots of pictures. It became a family tradition after that, and we went every year. And it's always been one of my very favorite memories from my childhood.

So yeah, I love planes. Even my 8th grade science project was done on paper airplanes, but I got TONS of cool correspondence stuff from Boeing, Lockheed, etc. Through that project, I officially named the F-16 Fighting Falcon and F-117 Stealth Fighter my favorite planes (jets). So of course, when the Durango Air Show had BOTH of them, I had to get pictures.

The military dudes (with guns) thought it was cooler than cool that I was doing handstands, so they let me go UNDER the ropes to take these photos. Celebrity treatment? I think yes!

So here they are for your enjoyment. Much to the dismay of the US Air Force, I'm sure... here are my handstands in front of two of the coolest jets ever!

1 comment:

Bashful said...

Wow - totally cool! You have quite the handstand history, don't you? Love it!